9.10.2012

life at the lodge

freak...i'm the worst blogger ever. oh well.
i'm like two, maybe three weeks into my junior year at byu and so far it's been a pretty good time.
i love my apartment, my roommates, my ward, my classes (well just my art classes), just like everything i guess. it's been fun meeting new people (even though i'm horrible at remembering names) and it's been even more fun seeing friends from my last two years at the Y.
as i've mentioned months ago, i've declared my major.  right now i'm in the graphic design pre-major program and i'm planning on applying for the legit program this november. i'm nervous and excited and can't wait to see what'll be in store for me. i'm currently taking the core art classes for the major and i already love my classes. especially 2D design. we just do all the kind of art i like doing. my drawing class is a struggle but i still enjoy it. basically i just feel legit carrying my art portfolio around campus because i'm an "art student" now.
my roommates are the shiz. we're all super chill and get along almost too well. our apartment it great and we've deemed it "the lodge" because it has sort of a cabin/hunting feel to it. which is almost too perfect because i have so many wolf pictures, posters, mirrors, blankets, etc. so i can finally put some good use into them. we also have a N64. so that brings over frequent house guests into the late hours of the night.
anywho...college is a good time and i feel like the rest of this year will just be really legit and what not.
ALSO BIG NEWS. i'm getting real, live, prescription glasses this week. (i've always wanted glasses, so i wear fake ones, and but now i actually need real ones, so i'm kind of really excited.)

i achieved adulthood and became a member of costco
we bought a butt load of groceries
tiffany got married
N64
the roommates (from the top and left to right: jessie, julie, sarah, me)
sarah and i out for a late night stroll
drawing class
rooftop concert series: fictionist
our living room
a little preview of our flapjacks and flannel housewarming party

No comments:

Post a Comment